You don't need anything else to start working but to install the program. If you don't want to create a simulator project, you should also install those softwares that are needed during the development process.
Having started the program after installation, a Launcher screen appears. Here, you can choose to load an existing project, to create a new one or to load an example.
If you only would like to try the program, you don't need to register or log in. In case you haven't used SquareLine Studio on your computer, you will get a 30-day trial version automatically.
If you have bought a licence, you should log in to identify you and your computer.
Then you can create a new project, load your saved one or work with an example.
In Open menu, you can load a saved project.
- Import Project - You can load an older file that is not among the listed recent projects.
- Board Description - The description of the board for the selected saved project.
- Project Description - The description of the selected saved project.
- Project Settings - The settings for the selected saved project. Here, you can find the name, the path and the resolution of your project.
- Open Selected Project - You can load a recently saved project from the list.
In Create menu, you can create a new project. At first, you should choose a platform to use from the list. If you choose Simulator, you can set the resolution of your project.
- Board Description - The description of the selected board.
- Project Description - The description of your project.
- Project Settings - Create the name, the path and the resolution of your project.
- Create Project - Having added all the required parameters, you can create your project.
To use an example, just choose the proper one from the list and load it by clicking on the Open Selected Project button.